Sunday 12 October 2014

Lost in Bamboo - Kyoto








 Magical and Mystical; A grove of towing Bamboo surrounded me on my latest adventure to Japan. Set in the district of Arashiyama, the endless Bamboo had me in complete fascination as I wandered the walkways that eventually lead me to Tenriju-ji temple. Just as I thought my day was complete I received my next pleasant surprise - The Kimono Forest of Arashiyama train station. Wow, just wow! Somehow I managed to embark on this journey alone, catch the train, follow the Japanese signage and to my surprise I made it there and back without a single catch. Was I scared? A little, but I did it and that alone gave me the happiest feeling all day! Travelling alone gave me the greatest satisfaction at times, that time with myself, completely out of my comfort zone in a Country where I don't speak the language. I really do believe it's these experiences that have enabled me to grow and become the person I am today.
Wearing: Asos Reclaimed Vintage maxi - asos.com, Turtle Neck and Tassel Boots - both Topshop



No comments :

Post a Comment